Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Speech and Such....

Lydia did well with her first speech therapy lesson. I unfortunately did not get to meet Ms. Betsy, missed her by 5 minutes. Maybe next time. Lydia has to work on her F sounds. She skips them. So we try to bite are lip as we say Fish or Frog. So it seems to be working. She did a fun snowman activity with her.

Lydia came down with a cold the night of her birthday party and then Owen missed school today because of it. Hopefully these kids get better. I'd like to keep them in a bubble. So because Owen missed today, we didn't get his report card. Guess we will hope it comes home with him tomorrow. That stuff is exciting to me. I love when he brings things home for me to read, same with Lydia.

They both went to the pediatrician on Monday for the 4 year and 6 year check ups. Both gained and grew like they should. Lydia grew 3 1/2 " and gained 6 lbs. Owen grew 3" and gained 8lbs. They both passed their hearing and vision screenings YAY! Next visit is for flu vaccinations in the fall and then next January we go for 5 and 7 year visits. Never thought I would say I had children these kid's ages. AMAZING how fast it goes. Owen had a dental exam at school Tuesday, and just has a tooth that supposedly needs looked at. Guess it's a good thing we have an appointment for a routine cleaning next week. The paper did not indicate which tooth, which I think it should have. odd!!!

Lydia got to try on her dance costume last week, I can't remember if I mentioned that. We're not to share pictures yet, because the costumes not complete and it will give away the excitement. But I forgot to mention that we did NOT have to pay for her costume, tights or hair accessory because we raised enough money in candy bar sales!! And we actually have a nice size credit. I'm so excited!!!!

I think I am catching the kids cold. Yesterday I just didn't feel well. Today I have a scratchy throat, sore ears and sneezing/runny nose. :(  I started taking a vitamin, so hoping to stay on that and maybe it'll help me steer clear of some of the winter germies.

today I was gone from home for 12 hrs , I don't necessarily like that. But I did some errands after work and then went to a meeting, for myself!

Tomorrow is my "friday" hahaha......But Friday is filled with meal delivery to a friend, errands, Owen needs to buy a birthday gift for a party Saturday. So I'm trying to figure out our Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment