Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lydia's Birthday Party

Because Lydia's birthday is December 30th, we always celebrate with my family after the fact. It gives us a reason to get together in January and allows all the chaos to calm down before more comes.

Last night we celebrated Lydia's 4th Birthday in our basement. I am very thankful for such a full, clean basement. If it weren't for water issues and it being chillier, Id contemplate making a family room down there because I feel like we're outgrowing our house. There are 3 rooms in the back of the house (bedrooms and bathroom) and in the front of the house the living room and kitchen, which really are a great size.

Here are a few pics from last night. Lydia had a great time as did all the other children. I think the adults had a good time playing games too.





After everyone left, we started getting ready for bed and I noticed Lydia's voice sounding funny. She cried through the night, barked/coughed and is sneezing and is sick today :( We did so well. If you know us, we (the kids) had colds 2 in September, once in October and November, then I was plagued with the flu bug the week before Christmas, then Lydia got it into the New Year. So it felt as if we were sick all the time. So I recalled to a few people "YAY We haven't been sick since Jan.3" Yeah well I totally jinxed myself. DISAPPOINTING!!!

She is so go to school tomorrow, start speech therapy and the kids have their yearly check ups. We don't have time for sickness. I just hope that if the rest of us are going to get it that we get it and get on with it so we aren't sick for our trip in February. I know I'm asking for alot.

Today has been filled with cleaning up after the party, laundry, dishes, sweeping, getting ready for a new week, packing away 2011 paperwork/bills,etc. I guess that's why we didn't really have any plans for today. I like a lazy Sunday.

Troy and his parents are working very hard getting ready for the inspectors who are supposed to be coming this week sometime. I pray it all goes well.

We are very thankful for our family and friends who joined us last night. Thankful for being well for a few weeks. Thankful for a warm house and this day to be able to stay home and get prepared for the week ahead of us.

Id ask for a silent prayer I'm starting something new this week, and am going to need lots of prayers specifically for strength to stay on task and stay focused. I will update you on this in about a week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment