Thursday, January 12, 2012

The snow is on it's way....

The kids are excited that snow is in the forecast!!! I on the other hand, well I guess as long as it gets it out of it's crazy system by next Wednesday, when I return to work.

Yesterday went so fast. Thank goodness!!!! I got my 5 stitches out and did fine. The pathology report is not back yet. Which is normal. I go back to work next next week with no restrictions. YAY!!!!

Lydia's appointment went well. It was very thorough and to the point. We were told she would start receiving services within the next 14 days. We got our call already this morning before 830a.m. to let us know that she would start her speech therapy the week of the 23rd. We're excited! But it finally hit home last night once everyone was in bed. That Lydia's being "labeled". It's a hard thing for a mother to hear, but also know that I am not ashamed. She is how she is. And we are at least responsible parents by getting her the help she needs. The therapist will come to see her 2 hours a month, I wish there were more time allotted for her for her speech therapy. But this is how it goes. She played very well while Troy, the social worker, the speech therapist, another helper and I went through what seemed like oodles of paper work.

While in Sharpsville Troy took Lydia and I by Dean Dairy, which I had never seen before. Pretty neat!!! And came the scenic route back to Transfer to drop off my return to work slip. Lydia loves going into where I work. But is strange because she doesnt' want to talk when she gets in there. The ladies are so excited to see her because I talk about my kids to them. I have such a great relationship with a few of them.

Then home to get Owen from his friend Megan's house. We had to make a few phone calls and explain our situation in depth to the school district in order for Owen to get off the bus with Megan. (Troy's parents were out of town and we had no one else to get Owen off the bus, and this meeting was so important that I did not want to have to reschedule-for fear it'd be another month before we'd get in). So our nice neighbor(well down the road a ways) and I have made friends. Owen and Megan were in the same preschool class for 2 yrs and Owen just loves playing with her. Megan's mom, Susan, and I did not grow up in the Sandy Lake Area, so it's been so nice getting to know her. And they are a sweet sweet family! I went to get Owen and Lydia decided to make herself at home and play....for 1 1/2 hrs!!!! (sorry Susan we were there so long). Finally, we were ready to go and decided to exit through the garage...which housed Megan's dad's four wheeler and the 2 baby kittens. Here are a few pictures.....


We are working on talking daddy into bringing this kitty home. It's so laid back, adorable, litter trained and we've never had a cat. Owen LOVES cats. Weird, but he loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment