Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Got behind a few days....it might take a while for this one. sorry

Owen received a paper from school telling us about the Lakeview School District kids collecting Penny's. So Owen decided to take on the challenge. It was for Coach's Vs. Cancer. The Lakeview Ball Team is raising funds for American Cancer Society. He was able to collect 2 full peanut butter jars with the help from Aunt Joanne, Mommy & Daddy, Aunt Mary, Aunt Joan, Mickey (from SRHS) and Grammie. He was so excited to take these to school on Friday that he forgot it was 'Show And Tell' Day. We didn't realize our mistake until Monday. Guess it was more important to raise money for Cancer Research. He had a blast. Luckily it was yucky out and daddy was able to take Owen and his load of pennies to school that day.

Then Lydia came home with a note as well last week asking for help from the preschool children's families to collect "groceries for the kids play kitchen". So all these packages are empty, cleaned and at Lydia's daycare now for the children to play with in their pretend grocery store and kitchen. What a cute and clever idea. We enjoyed gathering these items all weekend long.

Friday January 13 brought us some cold, windy, nasty weather....It didn't keep my two inside. It was 16 degrees as we waited for Owen to get off the school bus. Lydia and I were outside a total of half an hour. Owen was mad he was out only 15 minutes. But it was very windy. Our cheeks were very red when we came in. Owen had decided the night  before what our dinner would be.....his favorite....grilled cheese and tomato soup. So that was nice to warm us back up.
Tomorrow I return to work after being off for 11 days. Each day I tried to make sure I did something....and I did succeed. Grocery shopping, paying bills, ran errands, laundry, dishes, prepared a cooked meal each day, ran Lydia to preschool, Owen was treated to rides to school and a surprise pick up a few times, a doctor's appointment, packing away my Christmas decorations properly, extra cleaning, playing and laughing with the kids, baking, planning a birthday party, a trip to Anaheim,CA (I'm going on a business trip w/Troy), rearranged some stuff, organized drawers, cleaned out.....the list goes on and still continues. But one thing that I am so thankful for....ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ha haha. I realized this in the last 4 weeks I do not think with our lifestyle/Troy's work that I could work full time, nor could I stay home full time. I am very thankful for the per diem job that I do that. God has blessed me with it. I wasn't looking and it appeared, it's worked out for almost 3 yrs (March 16) and I love the flexibility, my co workers and what I do.

We've been also trying to get Lydia (who appears to still have her umbilical cord attached to me only at bedtime) into her own bed. She did so well when Joanne got her her bed, but over the summer when I was working more, it was just easier to put her in  my bed and get to sleep. She's a very strong willed child, so it may take a while. Your wondering what about Troy? Well most of you know his schedule, but for those who don't....he milks the late milking, which is almost like a midnight shift. So he either sleeps on 1 of the 2 couches or Lydia's nice comfortable new bed.

Owen is enjoying school. He seems to want to talk more in the evenings about it when he comes home. But it's like I'm only allotted so many questions. So I read somewhere to not ask....it's like him hawwing around the question. Seems to work. He's fallen in love with the movie Mr.Popper's Penguins. He's going to be sad, but it goes back tomorrow evening and I am not renting anymore for a while.

Well I guess that's enough rambling for now. Thursday is Lydia's dance night, and this week she gets to try on her costume....I'll try to get a pic if we're allowed. She just LOVES dance.

Oh I almost forgot about an update on speech therapy....Lydia starts receiving treatments on Monday and also next week Owen gets his 2nd report card. Im so excited.

p.s. Susan V. If you read this...my blog needs a serious facelift/makeover/design. please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment