Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just a stage or the full moon?

After quite a night or should I say weekend and day with Lydia's little outbursts.....I sat down last night and realized we had a full moon upon us. Ahh huh! Let's hope the full moon was to blame to her uncooperativeness, mean, outbursting attitude yesterday.

It looks so nice outside today, but it's so chilly. I know we haven't experienced winter yet, but I am ready for Spring. Get the kids outdoors, run the energy out of them so they crash in the evenings.

Yesterday I discovered our almost 3 year old Beta Fish, Snowy, was floating belly up in his bowl. So I tried to hide it from the kids. I did not succeed. Owen knew as soon as he got in the house that Snowy was no longer with us. :(  He paused a moment, thought to himself and started asking questions. He appeared to digest each and every answer. I felt like I had done something wrong and was being interrogated by a detective. I had to tell him that I buried him, LIE....under the pine tree, LIE....and that it'd be okay..... grrr I wish someone would create a book of "censored white lies" to tell our children, that they'd actually believe. Well truth be told Snowy is in our septic system now. (giggle) I did not want to have "handy manny" (owen) ripping my toilet apart.

On to today.....thank goodness there is no snowy talk, and I hope their won't be any. Because we are NOT getting another fish!

Lydia seems in better spirits today. No report from the teacher today at preschool pick up. But Lydia was a little sad she lost her headband at school. I get so irritated. Every time I take her with clips, pony tail holders, barretts, etc. They seem to either be in the backpack, minus the other matching clippy or lost completely. Where on earth do they go? Its like the missing socks in the dryer story.

Tomorrow I am thankful that I will be hopefully getting my 5 stitches out, not itchy yet, just something annoying about them. I seem to be doing well. Sore, but only Tylenol at bedtime is needed. We also have Lydia's IEP meeting for her Speech Therapy needs. I am nervous, but yet excited to get the ball rolling for her to receive help. We had her screened in October and in December we had her individually tested. She tested to where she needs speech therapy services. Her vocab is good, she knows her words. Unfortunately she is mixing up the beginning and the ending of words classing her to talk as a 24 month old. So we are fortunate that the Midwestern Intermediate Unit will come to her at preschool twice a month I think it is to help her. yay!!! I'll share more details after her meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment