Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Owen The Big Boy...with bad attitude :-(

Yesterday we took Owen to the pediatric dentist.....he did fantastic. (course it was just a consult). Daddy went back with him and they were back out within 10 minutes. Owen's interpretation of the visit:
"Good. He looked at me teeth. With a little telescope. I did not get a refill. I picked out my own prize, a ball! Next time I come back, Ima breath through those noses. He told me which one I can pick myself. He told me dat. He just looked at my tooth. And I have no lose tooths. He was lookin at my teeth, and that's all he did!"  I said whats going to happen when you go back next? he said "im gonna breath through those noses, and that's all"  HAAAHAAAAA

Anyways....he goes back the beginning of April for a filling (or a refill he calls it). They'll give him "laughing gas", so they can get the filling filled. Nothing to eat or drink 3 hrs prior, so we're going to a morning appt, so we'll only have to worry about a small time frame. Thank goodness that appointment went well.

One we were done....we decided to browse Ollie's. Troy & Lydia went one way and Owen and I went the other. He was literally bouncing off the walls! Just kept talking and rattling of nonsense things. Sure wasn't acting like himself. Then we ate. After we ate, instantly almost he got MEAN and demanding. The rest of the evening went down hill and ended in tears. I don't like when that happens. I will not have a mouthy child. It's rude and ignorant!

Today I went and picked up his form for Kindergarten registration and made our appointment to return with our paperwork complete. YAY. June we'll find out what bus he'll ride, what time it'll pick him up and who his homeroom teacher will be. In August we go for a time where we meet the teacher and see the classroom. What an EXCITING thing!!!!!

Now tonight, since Ive worked and the kids were with grandma all day, they're tired, I'm tired and he's mouthy, demanding and bantering out ultimatums. I think it's when he's tired. But he won't nap unless he's really exhausted or going for a car ride. He sleeps well for me and goes to bed with no hassle much anymore. I hope we can smoothly transition into an even better bedtime/morning routine before September comes (even though he most likely starts 3rd week of August).

Please pray for us as we deal with this bad phase in not listening, bantering orders and being mean. Also pray for Molly, he's constantly teasing her and driving me nuts!!!

Lydia's well....I'll blog about her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment