Sunday, April 17, 2011

Soccer......GO TIGERS!!!!!

This past week Owen headed to his very first soccer practice in the pouring down rain. I was hesitant. But I was geared up with extra clothes, entertainment for Lydia & Grammie for the car, umbrella, extra coats, shoes, etc. He had a BLAST. They practiced 15 minutes in the rain and then 15 more minutes under a pavillon. It was great. I know a few of the parents, which makes it nice. The kids did fall asleep on the way in. Guess the raining pouring down did it for them. Grammie got Owen's ball very last minute for us. She's AWESOME like that.

Then Thursday he had practice for half an hour, then a little scrimage.It's very windy at the sports complex. But the kids had fun. Owen was covered up the back in mud, and he had to make a trip to walmart afterwards.For once I think in my parenting life I wasn't prepared with an extra set of clothes for him. So this week I will pack a rubbermaid tote of extra "soccer practice/game" stuff. I like to be very prepared. I dont want to have to run to the store for something that I already have at home. We were looking forward to a first real soccer game. But as the rain kept pelting down all week long, the local weather forecast and the wind picking up speed Friday night I was/shouldn't have been shocked when I found out very late Friday evening that ALL soccer games were cancelled for Saturday. I guess it was just gut wrentching to know I had to explain thatthe game was cancelled to Owen. He cried, but I explained how it wasn't safe to play in the bad weather.He recooperated and started askign when practice was again. YAY! Boy, whew that was so hard. I was texting everyone I knew to tell them the game was cancelled and asking advice of what to tell them. I have to laugh (my bff, sorry) my best friend says JUST TELL HIM THE TRUTH, HE WILL GET OVER IT. OMG she cracks me up. She's blunt and straight to the point. But I guess that's how you have to be.

Following are so pictures. A few bloopers I have to share. 1.Owen was in the goal, he got his feet stuck in the net. 2. He kkicked the ball and fell down. 3. He's in the goal and I glance over....he's scratching his bum! 4. He saw the snack bar opening and screams to me "MOM, LOOOK SEE THEY ARE OPENED". I gotta feeling it's going to be a hilarious season. We will wait and see how the Spring season goes to see if he will do the Fall.


Gearing up for their scrimmage (Owen's in the grey sweatshirt)

Getting warmed up


Blooper

No comments:

Post a Comment