Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mercer-Northwest Guernsey Banquet

I'm sorry it's been so long since Ive posted.....
This past week's been so crazy!
I'll start you off with last Friday we all went to dinner to celebrate my sister-in-law,Elaine's, birthday to Cianci's. All 13 Hill family members....and.....drum roll please..............my kids were VERY well behaved!!! Even though it was later than I'd expected, they did great!

Saturday April 2 we had our annual Mercer-Northwest Guernsey Breeders Banquet. The kids were so excited to be going to the "Guernsey Dinner" as their Grandma told them. Owen was told he was going to get a cow brush. So something made him think there were going to be Guernsey's there. Who knows why?!!? It's just the way kid's minds work. We explained to him over and over NO there would not be any cows whatsoever there...............

While daddy and Grandma were setting up, I decided to take the kids to Meadville to do a little running. We ventured to the Salvation Army for the first time. For $13.00 here is what I got: a cute Easter bunny decoration, a nice fuchsia colored purse, Lydia a pair of shorts, dress and a shirt and for myself a pair of lounge pants and a summer robe. I thought i did pretty good. We then ventured (as promised if there were good) to TSC (Tractor Supply Company) to see the peeps (which were very scarce) and bunnies (2 black and 2 black & white). Our family has been talking for about a month or longer about getting a pet rabbit. So we're now looking and serious. Daddy's promised to build us a cage since he has supplies and will save us roughly $100. We've (I've) got my preferences: NOT plain black or plain red, not red eyes and floppy eared. I've received alot of advice/comments. I've heard that floppy's are the best for having children because they're more laid back so to speak. Once I got my kids away from the rabbits that didn't fit any of my specs or budget at that time.....we went to lunch. While at lunch. Owen and Lydia have been wanting cheeseburgers instead of nuggets (GASP yes I feed my kids McDonald's-sometimes Lydia will do apple slices but I only offer either chocolate milk or apple juice)......he had eaten all his food and for some reason asked Lydia for a "bite" of her burger, which she had 1/2 left.....she broke in half, smiled and said "here ya go bubby". The cutest, kindest thing I've ever seen her do!! :-) Made me smile and I praised her.

Home we came, tried to nap, then prepared our appearances for the banquet. The kids did alright. Owen much better than Lydia. But that's 2 yrs difference for you. It became a very late night and we finally got to sleep at 12:30am! (sigh-someday my family will have a strict bedtime routine).

Hope you enjoy the pictures......
(the barn ones are trying to get pictures for the PowerPoint presentation of the kids for their slide.)
My lil cow girl!

love this one!

finally got that boy to hold the rope....w/a cow on the other end! He's a tractor boy.

He's so proud of his cow brush.

deep in thought

Troy doing his thing

Girl boxes I cut the stuff out on cricut and mother-in-law assembled. These were the kids gifts.

The boys box

No comments:

Post a Comment