Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fesitivites

To me Easter seems to be one of the easiest holidays, or has been being a parent. This year I really struggled what to get the children. When Owen was 3 we got him a bike, Lydia was 3-4 months old and I knew she wouldn't never know he got that verses what she got.....well....It never dawned on me what was I going to do when it was time to get her a bike. SO I tossed around the ideas of getting both kids a bike (not very budget friendly), then just getting Lydia her bike (not fair for Owen who understands and really could size wise use a new bike)....so after weeks of toying I decided NO bikes for Easter :-(  So I think once we get our tax return we'll get bikes and they'll both be happy. Then both can get new helmets/knee pads/etc and it'll be a special occasion. I sure hope it works out financially for us to do that. We've got other bills that are first on the list to get caught up on.

With holidays we also get SUPER busy and I am already SUPER busy to begin with, and then there comes stress. Stress is like a very common symptom in my life these days. I really had a hard time today dealing with splitting the time up today. So we've decided we're going to try to spend more time at home for holidays and I demanded and Troy agreed we are staying home Mother's Day! It's what I want, I won't be stressed, I won't be mean to my kids, I won't have to rush around all dolled up feeling like a misfit!!!! I will actually get to enjoy MY Mother's Day!!!! Because I am a mom and want to spend it with my kids and husband.

But also with Holidays come special memories.

Including the annual Kraynak's Easter Bunny Lane.



The Kids Favorite
We started the Easter long weekend by cancelled soccer practice and Avon deliveries, Friday mommy worked and meem got to babysit all day, pork chop dinner and a mad dash in the rain to Greenville for dinner....then Saturday we celebrated birthdays.....

Troy's niece Rebekah's 9th birthday (which is Tuesday) and nephew Matthew's 16th birthday (which is May 4). I'll add some pictures that I took. For some reason my camera settings got changed and I didn't get a GREAT picture of them with their cakes.


Then in the evening we dyed eggs. The kids had a great time, but it went super fast. Mommy was very tired at this point-so that was great!!!  They were bathed and in their own beds sleeping by 9:35a.m.


Savanna

The Easter Bunny got to get the baskets stuffed and hid early....but was so excited the kids were sleeping in their own beds ..... she couldn't fall asleep and then I tossed and turned all night long anticipating the kids looks on their faces finding their baskets. Well that didn't work :-( Owen was wide awake before 8am and got into his basket while sleepy bunny slept. Lydia on the other hand slept til I woke up around 9am. As the time kept ticking, the kids were digging out their baskets and awwing over everything I remembered I had to bake a cake! Holy crap! dress 2 kids, get church bags ready (quite activities/toys for the kids) shower and get ready. A mad dash it was to get all that accomplished = STRESS! The kids were very well behaved in church. There was a woman who played the bells for us for a few songs. Owen was in awe over them, so was I. What great talent.
After church we headed to Troy's parents for lunch and Easter Basket hunting. The kids are always so excited to see their cousins! We returned home to rest, play, get some laundry done and the cakes frosted. Then we WAITED for daddy to return home. The stress level kept rising.....we were an HOUR late for my family's get together. I was the least happiest camper, but was too angry to even say much. The kids again got to play with Savanna (banna , Lydia calls her). And to visit with family.
Return back home, clean up the house, run the sweeper, unpack stuff from the day, lay out clothes for tomorrow and get ready for bed. oh yeah and snacks. I don't have a clue how the kids thought they needed a snack?!?!?!?!? After everything we ate today.

I just realized I did not take a picture of them all dolled up for the day. But they wore their same clothes they wore for our Spring family portraits ALL day. Hoping the spray stain remover works, because it smells awful.

Here's their baskets though and them on Easter morning. (sorry this blog got so long)

Lydia's was hidden between the elliptical & the card table I have set up right now.


 Owen's basket behind the recliner, in front of the desk.
 Owen showing off his 'Chuggington' book
 The Easter Bunny left umbrella's


What a ham! She wore these a few times during church service.


No comments:

Post a Comment