Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bed Time

I thought I had the perfect idea Sunday evening to get the kids to bed.....We'd had a very busy Friday and Saturday with no naps! They were up early Sunday, didn't have a nap and thought Id get them their baths and bed by 9pm....it was after 11pm when they were both sleeping. My patience grew VERY thin and on into Monday. Monday Owen was wide awake for school, however Lydia wasn't awake until 945am. I thought hmmm good I'll get Owen to at least 730pm and he'll be out....Lydia won't nap now, so shell go to bed around 9pm. NOT!!! Owen fell asleep while i was making dinner at 6pm and it was shortly after 10pm when they were sleeping. Today they were up around 830/9am, so we got up, ready for the day and head out to vote as a family, with each parent taking a turn to go in to vote, and a stop at the post office.....then to take daddy to the field to get the combine.......We were back home and lunched by 1pm...... I thought hmmm let's have a rest....no sir'E, we weren't doing that they thought. So the day progressed on........

About 5pm Troy called and said Owen could ride a while with him. Lydia and I took him there and ventured back about 645pm. I get up there, get out, grab Troy's dinner, look at Lydia and she's ZONKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I carefully brought her back home, laid her in her bed, diapered her and warned Owen he wasnt to enter their room until it was his bedtime..... (I am still not to be carrying more than 10 lbs). So. As I cleaned my room, packed summer clothes away, Owen splashed and had a good ol' time in the tub, all while Lydia is sleeping. He came ot my room, I assisted with drying, brushing hair and getting pj's on.............Owen gets a snack, puts the PICKLE movie on (Veggie tales) and I go backto my room....I hear "momma, I hungie!" This is Lydia's current saying and we here it time and time again throughout the day. I felt this huge pinge of anger through me.............

She's currently snacking in her bed, w/the lamp and PICKLE movie on..............I know this is the beginning of establishing a bedtime routine, it is only 832pm and I should be thankful my kids are in bed at that time.

So Ive decided at 745pm we start with baths, snack, bed time and story/movie.........with the hopes they'll be sleeping by 830pm. We'll see how this week goes of this to see what we need to adjust. Advice is welcome as long as you don't get upset if I chose to NOT follow it! ha ha ha....Im just trying here to get our family on a schedule. Daddy doesnt' have a schedule or he makes his own, but I'd like the kids and I to be on a schedule somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment