Monday, January 19, 2009

Weeks Just Fly By
















Seems like each and every time I think to type in here weeks have flown by!!!!


This past weekend oour family attended a birthday party for a friend's child's birthday party. She turned 3 the same day Lydia turned 1. So her mommy was thinking the same thing....waiting until the christmas high was over to celebrate. It's also easier on the family. Owen was pretty good. Shy at first and constantlyhad to go potty! Troy was the wonderful one that got the privledge to take him each time....as it was Owen's preference. ha ha ha


Then mommy and Tara headed to an AWESOME open house for Stampin Up, Creative Memories and Pampered Chef. Mommy purchased a few things for herself,as she has been making cards and pondering scrapbooking. It's my passion to be crafy and preserve memories.


Lydia's 1st Birthday party is coming up this weekend. Today I've been checking things off the list, doing laundry, cleaning, etc. AND we're getting a new kitchen floor on Wednesday. My brother-in-law Tom is going to be helping Troy....Well I think he'll do most of the work. But we're so excited. I'm nervous as to it getting done in 1 day. While that is getting done the children will play at Grandma's while mommy cleans and does her grocery shopping alone, quickly and hopefull hassle free. (high hopes I know).

It is so unbelieveable the amount of snow that we have gotten in a week and a half. We did get stuck w/the tracker yesterday in the driveway. So....at 4:30 this morning Troy was plowing w/the skid loader and blew a hydrolic line and only got 1/4 of it done :-( I did make it out today to go to town to get some groceries. unfortunately because of the temps I haven't been able to take the children out to play. Saturday my cousin's (mike & zach) will take Owen out to play.

Lydia hasn't been sleeping well. She's getting her molars. It's awful!!! So her and I haven't been getting much sleep. She's starting to try to run a little. She follows Owen around, it is so priceless. She moves to music, likes to watch Spot, Blue's Clues and Seasame Street. Not for very long, but they do catch her eye. She is always laughing at Owen. Falling down, and trying to hold her own. Guess when you have a big brother you have to be tough!! Lydia is as busy as ever...if you look at 2 pictures above, she likes to help with the dishwasher and getting into the fridge. We've had to child proof my plastics cupboard. One day I thought daddy was watching her and came out to the kitchen and EVERYTHING was all over the kitchen floor (bowls, lids, etc).

Owen is doing alright with Lydia tagging along. When he does get tired of it, he shuts his bedroom door. I said to Troy, I wonder what he's going to do when she moves in there!!!!! Won't be just his room anymore. But we'll cross that bridge when the time comes. He is always playing w/his toy tractors, trains, bikes. He's a very busy toddler. We're soooo looking forward to sending him to preschool in the fall to Jubilee. I think he'll do fine, but I have my worries. Im just excited about running errands w/only 1 child!!!! Owen is pretty well potty trained. We do wear a diaper at night and he wakes up soaked! So we're not ready for that step yet. But if he falls asleep for a nap he does awake dry!


Troy's been busy dealing with the cold, feeding cows, milking cows, delivering hay, setting cows up to breed and his big excitement recently was flushing Autumn a Guernsey Heifer. She had 10 good embryos and 6 bad! He was quite satisfied.

I've been busy making cards, cleaning, being a mom,etc. But the card thing....I LOVE MAKING THEM. And the new friends I've met.








Well I think that's allfor now. Back to cleaning for me......










No comments:

Post a Comment