Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Sickie's again!

Well we've done it again, we're all sick! It just doesn't seem like we can get a break. We did great for 3 weeks after Christmas, then bam we're sick again. Owen started with a runny nose, coughing and sneezing...he seems to be much better. Lydia came down with it Friday night, Saturday ish...she has napped every day since then. That's really not like her. Then Troy and I started on Sunday/Monday. Last night Lydia sat straight up in bed SCREAMING her lungs out! She demanded her earring be taken out because she thought that was hurting her ear. I knew what was going on , but in the middle of the night there is nothing you can do other than Tylenol for an ear infection.
I put Owen on the bus, set my alarm since I hadn't slept more than 3-4 hrs of sleep, got up and called the doctor's office when I knew they were in. I also had to call off work. Daddy had stuff scheduled at the farm today, I couldn't bear to leave Lydia and I felt like crap. So the verdict reveals that Lydia has an ear infection in each ear and a sinus infection. Poor thing. No wonder she's so sensitive.
We had to wait awhile for the prescription, good old computer faxing, I'll carry my scripts from now on to the pharmacy. It took them 1/2 hr to get the script and 45 minutes to fill it. I just wanted to come home, but I am really trying not to over react or be upset at the things I cannot change. So Lydia and I went for a few groceries to make Wedding Soup, bread, lunch out and the post office....then we had to wait for 10 more minutes for the script.
Once home, I was able to cat nap, but for some reason she was wound up. Then at 530 pm she CRASHED! And has been out and probably will be out the rest of the night.
Im trying to get prepared for our trip. It doesn't make it easy when we are all sick. :(
The kids are super excited!



ok.rewind to a few things we missed......

This past weekend we got a snow storm, but that didn't keep us in. Saturday we had a birthday party for a friend of ours, it was nice to sit and chat with other mom's while the kids played. The evening we all went to Hermitage for a few errands, including ordering my laundry sink for the basement. We had to order it, but I am so excited. While we were there we looked over the carpet section. I really want to replace the carpet in our living room. (It's the only carpet in our house that's permanent). If were in this house in years to come we've talked about carpeting our bedroom. But time will tell and Troy's got talks of other plans for the housing arrangements, so like I say...time will tell.

Sunday we celebrated with Troy's family his 35th Birthday, which is tomorrow February 16.

Tuesday for Valentine's Day we stayed home and had Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, everyone loves it in our family. Owen and Lydia had a great day celebrating with their classes at school. They took rice krispie treats that I added burgundy dye to and used a heart shape cookie cutter to cut out. I think they were a hit.

I think that wraps up our past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment