Monday, February 6, 2012

Always something

Seems like there is always something that is nagging at me.....
This thing with Owen's teeth is really getting to me emotionally. I am trying so hard to be a good mom, and I know some say....just relax, but when I do....things happen....like cavities. Owen goes in 2 weeks for his first part of his dental work. Fillings under nitrous oxide. And the lady informed me it'll take 2-4 visits to complete everything because they aren't all in the same area and children can only receive so much N.O. at one time. okay. I feel confident because he's a pediatric dentist and was very pleased with him the last time we had to see him. We are preparing Owen for that, which will be shy of a week from when we return from our trip. I hope he does well. It's always a mom's thing to worry about the kiddos though.

While we are on the teeth subject.....Owen has a lose tooth, has for a few months now. But darn it I wish it would just fall out. But then I am not prepared. See we just ordered a book from the school book order on the tooth fairy and I need to get someone to help me make a tooth fairy pillow. I know why all these extras. Because he's a child and I want to keep my kids kids until I absolutely can't. Just like our house is decorated for Valentine's Day, it will be for st.Patrick's day and the leprechaun will come, just like the elf came, it's fun silly stuff that makes having kids so much fun.

Lydia had speech today and LOVES Miss.Betsy. They did a heart craft and worked on saying F sounds. FUH for FUN and stuff like that. She has been able to wear dresses the last few days because of this heat wave weather we're having. What a mild winter compared to last year. Wish we had planned on doing more this winter. Lydia said a classmates name today for the first time, I made her repeat it....SIERRA! YAY! We have a friend. We got to school this morning. I was helping her get settled, she pulled away from me and said "bye mom, I'm going to play with Sierra". AWWWW My heart melted 1/because she made a friend 2/she said her name (she doesn't really communicate that she knows those things to us) and 3/ that she pulled away from me. tear tear!

Troy went to the eye doctor today for an exam. Which it's been 2 years, and the one eye changed a little. I know he would like LASIK surgery some day, and I hope that we can do that for him. He's had glasses since he was in 2nd grade I think he said. I could be wrong. I've had mine since I was 20. So 10 years and Ive had enough of them already. I went last March for the first time in 3 years and they hadn't changed, so I bought contacts and saved my 'glasses card' til the end of this month when I am ordering a new pair.

Troy and I got to go to dinner for our anniversary on Saturday night. Was so nice to get away, alone, uninterrupted meal. We had to wait 30 minutes, but neither of us cared. We went to Hickory Grille. I'm a coupon'r so you all know. If you sign up for Springfield's newsletter, they'll send you an anniversary printable email for a free appetizer AND when it's your birthday they do the same...but it's dessert! So we ate for $25.00! yahoo. salad, bread, appetizer, 2 meals, Troy had a beer, me water and both of us got dessert. Now I call that being SMART!

Well enough rattling...one More thing to share. Tonight I actually captured this picture, Owen's getting to where he doesnt' want me to take his picture. But this is something about 6 months ago he started helping me do. Was grate the cheese for me. Well I already had the cheese done for the tacos tonight. So I had him do the cheese for tomorrow nights dinner....Chicken Mozzarella.



i'll post something special tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment