Saturday, March 10, 2012

Catching Up

Seems like all the time I am trying to play catch up. I really want to stay on top of things, but I guess having to work, keep a house in order, myself sane(which is hard) and take care of 2 children, that doesn't happen but in a blue moon. I'll say my laundry is all caught up, and that's a great feeling.

A few weeks back the kids and I went to see The Wizard of Oz production from the GHS Jr.High kids. The children enjoyed it. We got there very early because we got hit with a terrible snow storm, but we left in plenty of time to allow us to go slow and not hurry ourselves into an accident.



The children are changing so fast. Owen can read a little, knows his abc's, 1-100, count by 5's, knows his coins, we've finally accomplished our address, telephone number and a few other small things. It's amazing how much he has changed since he started kindergarten. I remember just about bursting into tears when his 4-5 yr old Preschool teacher showed me his writing at the beginning of his 2nd year of preschool, in the middle and at the end. What a difference it truly makes!!!! He is eager to learn, and loves his school work. I cannot wait until he can read to me. Owen is already looking forward to 1st grade and he eagerly wants to start boy scouts in the fall. We're taking a break from soccer this year and hopefully we'll be content with boy scouts next school year.
Lydia can count 1-12, knows her colors, her name, all our names, and we're working on counting higher and recognizing more abc's. She loves to color, draw, play with her baby dolls, mommy them and help me in the kitchen. She enjoys going to her preschool dance class once a week. This past week we were able to bring her costume home. What a doll!! Sorry can't post any pictures until after the recital (May 19). Lydia thinks she has a few lose teeth, because Owen has 2 loose bottom teeth.
We went ot Hermitage last week for a few errands and decided to go shopping for material for our tooth fairy pillows. I took a tooth clip art from Microsoft Word and will cut it out on fabric and begin my handy work, hopefully sooner rather than later. (so that's what the tooth pic is below). We also popped in to see Aunt Billie and Uncle Chuck for a few moments after we made our way through Kraynak's Easter Bunny lane. Owen laughed at the Seasame Street characters playing around at the gym. lol.



Lydia had her first year of preschool pictures a few weeks ago. I cannot wait to see them. She usually takes great pictures. She has dance pictures here in a month. I cannot wait!! So we will begin practicing on her hair soon so it's not a complete disaster!!!! :(
here she is ready for school pics.
April 9 is Cocoa's adoption anniversary. I cannot believe it's been a year. The kids enjoy her so much and she's grown quite friendly.

April 18 is Molly's 3rd birthday. I'd really like to get another dachshund. Small dogs are so easy to care for. She's been a great dog. Great with the kids. Listens well to us.
Here's Owen and molly playing outside while waiting for the bus one morning this past week.

For some reason last week and this week have been very very hard on me. Unsure what is up. But I definitely have been quite emotional. So twice this week I found myself watching my babies sleep. It makes me sad to stop for a few moments, realize just how precious they are, how blessed we are to have such healthy, beautiful fun children! I always cry while Im watching them sleep because I get to reminiscing and realize how they';ve grown. It's not sad, but it's not happy. It's a weird feeling. Life goes to fast, but yet goes too slow.



No comments:

Post a Comment